Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1
Buzz0m
143 Views, 0 Replies

A

Hello guys,

I posted the question below at the Civil3d forum and got the tip from tcorey to post it here instead. He believes that I would need .net code to get what I'm wishing for. Has anybody done this before? Do you think it is doable?

Here's the link to the original post

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/using-connected-pipe-direction-as-an-expression...

- F

////////////////////

Hi,

I recently discovered the possibilities of using expressions to pimp out labels. I would like to know, if there is a way to use the connecting pipe direction when creating structure labels. My goal is to align the connecting pipe invert labels to the pipe directions. This way it would be clear to which pipe the elevation is referring....

What I think I would have to do is use the "for each" object in the label composer and use the connecting pipe direction as the rotation angle. None of the properties listed as options in the label expression composer seem to be what I'm looking for.

Does anybody know if what I'm trying to achieve is possible? Thanks for ANY help! 😃

- F

PS. I know the labels get their rotation from the corresponding pipe if they were pipe labels, but I would prefer to use structure labels in this case...

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report