Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 C3DReports 102 errors

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
kbarnettza
770 Views, 16 Replies

2015 C3DReports 102 errors

Civil 3D 2015

Visual Strudio 2013 Professional on Windows 8.1

Opened the solution from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Data\Reports\Net\Source

Added reference paths, set platform to x64

I get a list of 102 errors.. like this:

102errors.png

What am I doing wrong?

I started "correcting" each error.. got it down to about 95 remaining and gave up ... I must be missing something.

Thx for you patience...

Kevin.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Jeff_M
in reply to: kbarnettza

Kevin, I just opened the same solution in VS2012 and was promptly greeted with the same 102 errors. All I did was set the Reference paths to:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\ACA\
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\C3D\

recompiled and it built without any errors.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 17
kbarnettza
in reply to: Jeff_M

: (   ... I guess I will need some help from Autodesk support ... I stll have the errors after references are included ..

Windows 8.1 ... Visual Studio Pro 2013

references01.png

Message 4 of 17
Jeff_M

Hmm, the 2014 reports I had similar issues with. However, on my newer PC with Windows 8.1, which has a fresh install of IDSU, I just installed VS2013 Express. I copied the 2015 reports source folder to C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\C3D2015 Reports, fired up VS2013, opened the solution, set the 3 reference folders, changed Platform to x64, changed the output location, pressed F6 to build the solution and it built without error.

EESignature
Message 5 of 17
Jeff_M

When you open the ReportUtilities.vb file do you see any errors highlighted?

EESignature
Message 6 of 17
kbarnettza

No ... all clear ...

ReportUtilities.vb has no errors highlighted but ...

AlignStaInc_ExtractData.vb does (as shown in image in first pos of this thread)

: (

Message 7 of 17
Jeff_M

OK, in the ReportUtilities.vb, about a page & a half down, should be that function. IIRC, the 2014 version had this commented out.

5-14-2014 9-17-53 PM.png

Tell you what, shoot me an email at jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com and I'll send a you zipped copy of my working version.

EESignature
Message 8 of 17
kbarnettza

Thx ... emailed you ... : )

Message 9 of 17

Hi,

I tried the sample reports on VS2013 and got the same 102 erros, but after add ACA folder to reference paths, they disabper. Can you make sure the AEC Base references are from \ACA\ folder? See image below.

c3d_ref.png

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 10 of 17

Yes , my reference is the same ...

Now check this...

Jeff's ReportUtilities.vb is very different to my ReportUtilities.vb

The first error indicates a missing method in ReportUtilities.vb .. on my "copy" of C3DReports source ,

Error ... GetStationStringWithDerived is not a member of Report.ReportUtilities ... the error is correct on mine ..

that method is not included.

In a previous thread .. 2014 C3D Reports .. Jeff attached a ZIP of his C3D Reports source..

His ReportUtilities.vb includes the method..

See attached zip files...

One other thing to mention ...

I am using IDSP 2015 not just C3D 2015 .. I wonder if maybe the C3DReports source differs between the two?

Message 11 of 17
kbarnettza

BINGO!!!

We have a winner!

The problem was ... I installed IDSP 2015 and was referring to C3DReports as provided with IDSP 2015

For some odd reason it differs to the C3DReports provided with C3D 2015

I managed to get C3DReports from Civil 3D and ... problem solved..

Attached is the C3D 2015 C3DReports just in case some one else ever encounters this...

Message 12 of 17
Jeff_M

Hmmm, real strange, Kevin. I have 2 machines, one with plain C3D installed, the other with IDSU. Both of these installs have the correct code. Odd that IDSP would differ. Glad you got it working though!
EESignature
Message 13 of 17
kbarnettza

: (

I dont provide enough background

I am using US software in South Africa..

We have the UKIE , ANZ and RSA country kits inlcuded ..  so.... any one of them could have been the culprits ... I'm no Sherlock H thats for sure..

Message 14 of 17
Jeff_M

OK, that's it. Not sure which one is doing it but I went back and added those 3 country kits and now the Source for the ReportUtilities is wrong. I should've added one at a time to determine which one (maybe all of them?). What's strange about this part is that the stock source code going back to C3D2012 is identical for 2012-2015, so how it has not bee corrected in the country kit(s) for that long is ridiculous. And now that I think about it, I may have installed the UKIE Kit for 2014 prior to attempting any edits to the reports, which may explain why I had the same issue as Kevin with that version...which I worked around by using code from the 2013 install.

EESignature
Message 15 of 17
Jeff_M
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

@augusto.goncalves wrote:

Hi,

I tried the sample reports on VS2013 and got the same 102 erros, but after add ACA folder to reference paths, they disabper. Can you make sure the AEC Base references are from \ACA\ folder? See image below.

@augusto.goncalves.

Further investigation has led me to find the errant code is installed with the UKIE country kit. Can you find out why this old code is being used to replace the newer source code? And then make sure it gets corrected for future SP's and/or C3D versions? As I mentioned in another post, the .NET source code has remained essentially the same since the 2012 version, yet this country kit is installing something with portions older than that, yet also seems to have some of the newer source code as well. Whatever the case, there is something really wrong here....

EESignature
Message 16 of 17
Jeff_M

So I did a compare of a stock C3D install's Report source code vs the source code after adding the UKIE country kit. The only difference I could find is the ReportUtilities.vb file. So I copied that one file to the install with the UKIE kit and it built without error. (I had already set the reference paths.)
EESignature
Message 17 of 17
augusto.goncalves

In many countries the Country Kit is developed by a local partner, I'll check that. Glad to know it's working now.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report