Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

2014 Tool Palettes don't refresh/update properly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Fateley_Man
269 Views, 1 Reply

2014 Tool Palettes don't refresh/update properly

Before I get into my specific issue I want to say I am taking over the customization and updating of Civil 3D from an employee that has left the company. And as I cannot guarantee I know exactly what modifications and customizations he did, I do feel as though I understand how to clean up and update the modifications we need and use. It has been an easy transition everywhere except one...Tool Palettes.

I have cleaned up some tools and standard blocks with ease. I haven't had any issues. However, if I add a new block to an existing tool palette they are automatically added to the end of all my other user's palettes instead of alphabetically like intended. These blocks are in alphabetical order on my palette as well as in the catalog. However, they are not for everyone else (6 other people). Am I missing a universal update/refresh button? Do my coworkers need to turn off their machines and restart them to fully take affect?

I have also heard or seen rumors about the catalog needs to be read only after it is updated to fully take affect for the other users. This didn't appear to help either. Is that because my other users already opened the new palettes, or doesn't it just not matter?

And finally, on the very limited occasion I saw the previous employee update the tool palettes, he hit a button that seemed to refresh every tool in the catalog. I would see the loading/refreshing bar come across the screen over and over again very quickly like it was updating the entire network. I have no idea what that was, but I don't get any of that when I update my palettes now.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

Adam

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I've never had much success with modifying the Tool Palettes. You might get more responses if you ask the question in either the main Civil 3D forum or in the AutoCAD forum. This one is more for programming to create customized programs and is visited less often by users who might have the info you seek. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report