AutoCAD Civil 3D Community Knowledge Base

Point label dragged state settings - Flipped Leaders and Text Components

by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-22-2013 10:57 AM - edited on ‎04-22-2013 10:57 AM by Alumni TBasich

In a Point Label Style you are trying to use a Display value of As Compose in the Dragged State. However, you’re leader tail doesn’t flip when the Label is dragged to the left. When you use Stacked Text the leader flips but the Components are out of order.

You want to use Stacked Text

In the Stacked Text mode the text components are placed in the same order in which they are added to the style. You will need to edit the style to accomplish this.

So if you want Elevation above Description you need to create the Description component first then the Elevation component. On the Layout tab drop down the component list. They should appear in the order you want them to be seen in the Point Style.

There is no way to shuffle them. You will have to erase all but the component that you want to appear at the bottom and recreate the rest.

If you want the individual components to have separate colors, text styles, or justifications, you can open the Component Editor by clicking on the ellipsis [...] button to the right of the Contents on the Layout Tab. Then highlight the component and switch to the Format Tab. You can change those features of the text as well as make it bold, italic, or underlined. You can also insert symbols on this tab.

Comments
by Contributor tingraham on ‎09-06-2013 01:41 PM

When using as composed as so that I can keep the point label from rotating when I orbit the job the leader orients as if the label is staked. But when dragged to the left the leader runs through the label. If I revert back to stacked then the leader is good but then the label rotates back to horizontal.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎09-09-2013 11:50 AM

This article was compiled mostly from this thread: Point label dragged state settings and some of my own knowledge. If you're looking for help you might want to post there or start a new thread and reference that one.

Allen Jessup

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Contributors