AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbars in 2010?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
slawrence
9909 Views, 11 Replies

Toolbars in 2010?

OK so how do I turn the toolbars on in 2010?

Since posting this I have been reading. If toolbars and pulldown menus can't be brought back into AutoCAD Architecture, I will have a very hard time convincing clients to switch over to the new product! Edited by: slawrence@kohnarchitects.com on Apr 1, 2009 7:59 PM
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
David_W_Koch
in reply to: slawrence

You would have to have one or more toolbars defined in your CUI, and then add at least one of them to one or more Workspaces.

There was a technical solution posted to the Knowledge Base that included a ZIP file with additional CUIX files and instructions on how to "restore" pulldown menus and toolbars. I am not able to access that technical solution tonight, either directly
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1103347
or by the site search. I am not certain if that means they have pulled this item or if there is just a temporary technical difficulty tonight.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 12
slawrence

I've been directed to that page from a couple of posts. The page is not found.

Thanks for your reply.
Message 4 of 12
David_W_Koch

It was there at one time. I have not been able to get back to that page myself in multiple tries over a number of days, so I suspect that it has been (temporarily???) withdrawn.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 12
mlk0480

Hi
I too am looking for Toolbars in 2010. I find the toolbars much faster than the ribbon.
Here is what I have done to regain control of the toolbars, I hope it will help.
At the command line type in CUI enter. This will open the Custom User Interface. If look in the upper lefthand box you will see + Toolbars. Click the plus sign this will list the toolbars loaded into your menu. It is problably empty.
Now click on the Transfer tab, at the top of the this screen. The screen should split into to two views. On the right side below the Customization in new file click the arrow next to New File select New, Now find this file on your computer. This is the path to my files your's should be similar C:\Documents and Settings\mark\Application Data\Autodesk\ACA 2010\enu\Support\acad.cuix click it and open it. The acad.cuix should now be displayed in the right side. Locate the + toolbars and click the + sign. Here are all the autocad toolbars, you can now drag the toolbars you like to left side and drop them on the + toolbars this will load only the toolbars you want to use. Once you have loaded the toolbars click OK and they should load into your current menu/drawing.

I would suggest you arrange the toolbars and then setup a profile in the options area. Type Options at the command prompt find the tab called Profile and click Export name it and save in a place you won't forget. Now if your menu get wacked you will be able to import your menu through the Import Option in this Profile tab.

I hope this helps
over and out
Message 6 of 12
Caduser_zero

actually if you look at the right end of the autocad logo in the top left corner there (where you open drawings from) you will see a very small right arrow. Click on it and you will get a fly out menu, from there you can enable autocads menu. That gives you the classic horizontal toolbar with all the pulldowns. The other option is to go to tools>toolbars>autocad(or whichever theme you are working in) and click on the toolbars you need. If your workspace settings are set to save changes then they will always show up.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Instead of transferring toolbars from the acad.cuix file to your Main CUI, why
don't you just use the acad.cuix as a Partial CUI (either under your Main or
Enterprise CUI)?

Transferring stuff copies all of the UI elements (toolbars, commands and such)
whic simply bloats the target CUI and duplicates information needlessly. It also
makes upgrades tougher.

IMHO the best course of action is to leave the OOTB CUI files alone, and do not
transfer items unnecessarily to and from them.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:14:46 +0000, Mark Kingston <> wrote:

>Hi I too am looking for Toolbars in 2010. I find the toolbars much faster than the ribbon. Here is what I have done to regain control of the toolbars, I hope it will help. At the command line type in CUI enter. This will open the Custom User Interface. If look in the upper lefthand box you will see + Toolbars. Click the plus sign this will list the toolbars loaded into your menu. It is problably empty. Now click on the Transfer tab, at the top of the this screen. The screen should split into to two views. On the right side below the Customization in new file click the arrow next to New File select New, Now find this file on your computer. This is the path to my files your's should be similar C:\Documents and Settings\mark\Application Data\Autodesk\ACA 2010\enu\Support\acad.cuix click it and open it. The acad.cuix should now be displayed in the right side. Locate the + toolbars and click the + sign. Here are all the autocad toolbars, you can now drag the toolbars you like to left
side
>and drop them on the + toolbars this will load only the toolbars you want to use. Once you have loaded the toolbars click OK and they should load into your current menu/drawing. I would suggest you arrange the toolbars and then setup a profile in the options area. Type Options at the command prompt find the tab called Profile and click Export name it and save in a place you won't forget. Now if your menu get wacked you will be able to import your menu through the Import Option in this Profile tab. I hope this helps over and out
Message 8 of 12
Leghorn

I have attached the file that was on the website. there is a how to restore menus and toolbars inside the zip.
Message 9 of 12
ted.evans

I noticed that after loading the toolbars one of the icons on the standard toolbar and 3 on the navigation toolbar loaded from the ACA_Main menu have ?, how can this be fixed?
Message 10 of 12
bigjohn

Not sure if this info is too late but after playing and searching the easiest method to display the much loved tool bars is to type 'menubar' on the command line and set the variable to 1; from the tools drop down menu select toolbars, select any toolbar and do the usual right click when it appears on the screen to select or hide others.
Message 11 of 12
kolk

Thanks for the tip! It seems like it would be much more fun to download zip files and change cui's and work a vice-grip wrench into the mix somewhere, but this work too!

Thanks!
Message 12 of 12
brayanbauweraerts
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I hope you guys can help me but I got this problem how to get my "drafting tools" back.

I tried the tray settings but didn't work, as well as re-installing my autocad version 2010.

Strange.png

http://cad-notes.com/2010/02/autocad-precise-input-drafting-tools/#disqus_thread

it's this bar I need.

I can't right click the empty gray bar as well, which is kinda strange.

I just need this bar since it helps me alot in free drawing! 🙂

thank you very much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost