AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool palette tool - PROPERTYDATAEDITREFERENCED

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdhutchinson
274 Views, 1 Reply

Tool palette tool - PROPERTYDATAEDITREFERENCED

The way it looks I should be able to edit the propertyset data though an XRef... but all the properties are grayed out. I thought it was because I also had the XRef open... so I closed it. Still the same result.

The discription says "Edit property set data in the current drawing or through external references.  Add or Remove property sets."

Am I not understanding the tool - or what?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: mdhutchinson

It appears that that tool only allows you to edit Property Data if the selected object (in an external reference) has a Property Data Override set in the host drawing.  If you want to edit the Property Data in the source file, try using PROPERTYDATAEXT.  That will allow you to select the Property Set on the actual object and edit the values.  The external reference file cannot be locked (open or externally referenced by someone with Demand Load set to Enabled) or the edits will not be able to be saved.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost