AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text in plotfile disappeared!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
michaelhaandrikman
282 Views, 7 Replies

Text in plotfile disappeared!

Hello,

I have a problem with my autocad architecture 2013.

When i scale my drawing in a plotfile all my text disappears

does anyone know what the problem is ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello,

SHX or TTF?

Which Text-Font?

Best Regards

Willi Nelkel

www.schulungshandbuch.de
CAD-Technik Nelkel GmbH
Message 3 of 8

Are you using annotative text?

If so, how are you scaling the drawing in the "plot file"?  If you are setting up your plot file to use a layout with title block (etc.) and a viewport to view model space, and your text is in model space (either directly, or via an external reference), then what you want to check is the drawing scale assigned to the viewport, compared to the annotation scale(s) assigned to the text.  Assuming that you do not have the viewport set to show annotative objects of all scales, if the viewport drawing scale is not one of the annotation scales assigned to the text, the text will not display.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 8

i'm using the multiline text ?

Message 5 of 8

Multi-line text can also be annotative.  Can you post a small sample file that demonstrates the issue you are having in a reply to this thread?

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 8

this is the drawing that the problem is. I installed the program again and when ik open a nieuw drawing the text doesn't dissapear but the text in this drawing still dissapears.

Message 7 of 8

The drawing scale set on the Model tab, and the annotation scale assigned to all of your text is 1:1.

On the Layout, the viewport in which the linework from the Model tab is visible is zoomed to what I presume to be a non-standard scale of 0.006259:1 (1:159.77 or so).  Since the annotation scale does not match the viewport scale, the annotation will not display.

You could turn on the display of annotation at all scales (set the ANNOALLVISIBLE system variable to 1; also available as a tool on the Drawing Window Status Bar near the drawing scale control - the icon looks like the end of a three-sided scale with a light bulb), and given the rather large paper heights assigned to your text, that may just work here.  Typically, you would assign the actual plotted height that you want a particular piece of text to be as the paper height, then assign the annotative scale(s) at which your viewport(s) will be set, and let AutoCAD do the math.  I am not certain what plotted text heights you would want to have (or what scale you want the plan to be), so I am not going to try to modify your file to work that way.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 8

The problem is finaly solved thanks to you help !

thank you very much for your help !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost