AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: quick access toolbar

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AB_1992
978 Views, 4 Replies

Re: quick access toolbar

I'm changing my question from the last post. How do you get the workspace option to appear in the quick access toolbar? I'm using AutoCAD Architectural 2014. If there are steps, will someone show me how change the settings. Thanks you Nestly2 for responding to my previous post.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: AB_1992

On the Quick Access Toolbar on the right side there is a black dropdown arrow.  Select thearrow and at the bottom choose more commands.  When the cui editor comes up with the entire list of available commands choose the one that you want and then click and drag it to the quick access tool bar.

Message 3 of 5
AB_1992

OK, I open the CUI Command and switch to the "Transfer" tab and went to the right pane. I click on the open icon, I click on c:\users\my name\. Beyond this point, I do not see \AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\R19.0\enu\Support. Do you think I need to reinstall Autocad Architectural?

Message 4 of 5
AB_1992

Thanks Keith, I tried those steps. I will like the dialog box to appear in my Quick Access Toolbar were I can see Drafting & Annotation and click on the arrow to change to 3D back and forth. I don't have the workspace option listed under the arrow such new,open,save,save as,etc. I have an Autocad 2014 Beginning & Intermediate Book and there is little information on this function. Do I need to resinstall Autocad Architecture 2014? For some reason, I can't find the AppData\Roaming\Autocad 2014\r19.0\enu\support to transfer or drag the desire workspace  from the right panel to the left panel.

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

By default, the AppData folder under C:\Users\[yourusernamehere]\ is a hidden folder.  Do you have the display of hidden folders turned on in Windows?  If not, you will not be able to find this folder.

For Windows 7, in Windows Explorer, choose the Organize drop-down (left side of the menu bar) and select the Folder and search options item.  In the Folder Options dialog, choose the View tab, and under the Hidden files and folders item in the Advanced Settings list box, choose the Show hidden files, folders, and drives radio button.  Select OK to return to Windows Explorer.  Hidden folders will not immediately appear in the left sash, but if you click on the C:\Users\[yourusernamehere] folder in the left sash, you should see the AppData folder in the right pane.

All that said, I do not believe that the ACA 2014 CUIX file will allow you to add the Workspace Control (which is defined in the ACA.cuix file) to the QAT.  Vanilla AutoCAD 2014 does allow it, and it is an option on the QAT dropdown list.  But ACA 2014 did not add that as an option on the list, and I am not able to add that control to my ACA 2014 QAT.  It was enabled in ACA 2015, but as you are using 2014, that will not help (unless you have access to 2015 and can work in that release).

I tried transferring the QAT in ACAD.cuix, but the Workspace control just shows up as an "unnamed" tool in the Customize User Interface dialog and does not appear in the QAT, even when running the AutoCAD profile, if I start 2014 with an ACA profile.  If I start 2014 with the "as AutoCAD" shortcut (and the AutoCAD profile), then the control does show on the QAT.  In this state, I am able to open up the Customize User Interface dialog and, on the Transfer tab, transfer the ACAD.cuix QAT to the ACA.cuix (after renaming the already existing Quick Access Toolbar 1 in the ACA.cuix file, so that it would not be overwritten).  Closing and restarting ACA with an ACA desktop shortcut (and an ACA profile), the transfered QAT no longer displays the  control on screen, and in the CUI the control name is missing.  In 2014, I do not believe you will be able to get the Workspace control in the QAT; you will have to make use of it from the Application Status Bar.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost