AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from A.Architecture 2013 to A.Architecture 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
el023
478 Views, 4 Replies

Migration from A.Architecture 2013 to A.Architecture 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to install Autocad Architecture 2014 instead of the 2013 version, but the problem is that i have a lot of personal customizations, installed, and added stuff in the contents, contents' browser, and palettes.

I can't make the migration with losing all that, especially the added and customized stuff in the contents browser and the palettes, so please i have no idea of how to keep them intact, and if any one really knows well how i could migrate with keeping all that in the A.Architecture 2014, i would be grateful. THanks!.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: el023

I used to find it best to have a "custom" folder away from ACA installation, and have a separate sub folder for all my own lisp, fonts, materials, menus, profiles, plot styles, drawing templates, tool palettes, etc as well as "enu" - any altered ACA files such as acad.pgp. acadiso.lin etc.

For my profile, I amend my Options to include all the above relevant folders ABOVE the normal ACA Support files search path.

Try to avoid ACA search paths where possible, by copying relevant files to enu and pointing to them in Options.

Save all of this to a distinct profile name - in my case I've used "dream" profile and workspace (see attachment), and make sure profile is saved and in search path.

It seems like this won't hold so well with ACA2014, because all lisp, arx program files can only be accessed through "trusted" original program file paths, so some of the above won't work.

Having set up for ACA2013, all you do is go through all the Options again and generally change 2013 to 2014 and save to new profile, etc.

Of course there is migration, but it's nicer to know where things are when all goes wrong.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had no problem migrating settings from 2013 using Start/Autodesk/AutoCAD Architecture/Migrate from previous release. The problem I'm having is with RTEXT as the command will not work in 2014, either Ribbon, Express Tools text, or Command line. Any suggestions?

Now that I think about it in more detail, I'll look for the .exe file and transfer it to the proper folder and execute and comment later.

Message 4 of 5
el023
in reply to: Anonymous

THank you very much, i think i understand the idea, but i don't know exactly how to copy my own files designated for stock and customized pallettes and menus in my ACA 2013, where are they, or do i just copy all the files and then add them later to the ACA 2014 sources paths from the options.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: el023

I load only my own tool palettes and don't use any standard ones (only copy the tools and modify) .

Therefore in my Custom folder, I have Tool Palettes (main .atc file) with sub folder Palettes (all various .atc tabs) with sub folder Images.

The path in the Tool Palettes File locations is "X:\ACA2013\Tool Palettes\Palettes" - my custom folder.

I delete the ACA search path because I don't want to see any standard ones.

Assuming you are happy with ACA2013 , might be best to migrate to at least have it working, then implement the custom folder later.

Although I don't think you'll lose anything in palettes, to be on the safe side, ferret out the affected .atc files and drag in later.

Don't forget acad.pgp and acad.lin, etc, if you've modifed them - you might lose them.

It's just not a good idea to modify any standard ACA things without making them your own, and make them reside outside ACA installation in their own search path above the ACA one in Options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost