AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate to 2015 from 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PhilvK
282 Views, 4 Replies

Migrate to 2015 from 2010

I am trying to migrate my custom menus from ACA 2010 to ACA 2015 and am getting the message “Migrate Profiles requires that AutoCad 200 or a later version be installed on your system”. I do have ACA 2010 installed. Looking thru older posts on this subject I found a response from Dean Sadallah saying to add the customization files to the search path. I assumed this meant to add the path for the 2010 Customization files in the search path of the 2015 files, and did so? Is this correct? If so, that’s not working. Does anyone have experience in successfully getting around this issue?

Thanks,

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: PhilvK

Click on the windows start button, click on "all programs", click on "autodesk", click on "autocad architecture 2010", click on "migrate custom settings" and select "migrate autocad architecture 2010 custom settings. 

This will export all your setting to a zip file.

In Autocad Architecture 2015 go thru the same steps and import these settings.

Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: PhilvK

Are you migrating custom CUIX files, or a customized version of ACA.cuix?  I would caution against the latter, as that means you will lose any of the out-of-the-box changes to the ACA.cuix file made since the 2010 release (including those supporting new or revised features, for both vanilla AutoCAD and ACA).  In the former case, you should be able to use a custom CUIX file from 2010 in the 2015 release, as is.  I usually make a copy of my current custom partial CUIX file(s) for the new release, but even that may not be strictly necessary.

Or are you looking to migrate other, non-menu settings to the 2015 release.  I generally avoid using the migration routine, preferring to start with a copy of the out-of-the-box profile and make the adjustments I want in the Options dialog.  I personally have not experienced good results using the migration routine with AutoCAD Architecture, but it has been a long time since I have tried to use it.  The routine may have been improved over the years and may play better with AutoCAD Architecture than it used to do.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5

We have just upgraded from 2012 to 2015 ACA and frankly, if you only have a few custom setting like a .pgp file and some other minor customized settings you are best of installing a clean version.

The time spent on manually creating new settings to your liking will be much less than fixing the problems using migrating.

Message 5 of 5
PhilvK
in reply to: leothebuilder

Leo – I was just about to write back to David that maybe it’s time for me to be a big boy and get used to the ribbon in ACA 2015. (We’re moving to Revit anyhow where we can). I was trying to stay with the icon menus from the 2008-2009-20210 years in ACA. I’ll do some research on how to get the PGP moved over as well as any old standby lisp routines. Thank you both for your input!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost