AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost menu ribbon

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
obi1knube
156582 Views, 17 Replies

lost menu ribbon

I was workingona project with autocad 2011, but i lsot the original menus, Ihave been obliged to use the costomed menu. I knew how to use Autocad 2000 and ADT 2002, I have not used them for years, and now I have become a novice. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
David_W_Koch
in reply to: obi1knube

Are you using AutoCAD Architecture 2011 or AutoCAD 2011?

What do you mean by you lost the "original" menus?  Do you have no menu at all (no ribbon)?  Or do you mean that the pull-down menus and toolbars are missing?  If the latter, they are not missing, they have been removed from the ACA.cuix, in favor of the ribbon interface.

If you used the RIBBONCLOSE command to turn off the ribbon, the RIBBON command will turn it back on.  Or, you can set the RIBBONSTATE system variable to 1.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 18
obi1knube

Mr. David, Thank you soo much for your intrest in helping me. I am using a trial version of Autocad Architecture 2011. The problem started when I tried to revise the  tools , I accidentally changed the program.

All that i can see now are : the save icon, undo and redo icon,print icon,project navigator icon, create a new file icon and a little bit more.

How do i bring back all the tools to the window of my current file?

Message 4 of 18
David_W_Koch

See the attached image.  Perhaps you have simply cycled the ribbon to a minimized state.  If not, try typing RIBBON at the command prompt.  If you turned the ribbon off, that will turn it back on.  If both of those fail, check the Options dialog, on the Files tab, to see what Customization File has been specified.  If that is blank, or points to a file that does not have ribbon tabs defined within it, you will not have any ribbon tabs.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 18
obi1knube
in reply to: David_W_Koch

You are right, thanks for you help (:, now it´s here again.

Message 6 of 18
Justin_A

I have had that aproblem a few times too. But my current situation is that I lost my .cuix file that has the tabs and panels for my ribbon. Can't seem to find the right file.

Message 7 of 18
azizimokhtar1984
in reply to: Justin_A

Can ribbon that been used in autocad 2000 can be load in autocad civil 2010? i have problem load that ribbon. Please help.

Message 8 of 18

I just became a "I Lost My Ribbon" club member!  I reinstalled the software/suite the other day (clean/full install, including registry trimming/wipeout).  Today I signed into Autodesk 360 account and... bam.... it sent me to the bug report page.  There I was wondering what happened.  Later I started Autocad (blank file) and found my ribbon missing.  I shut down Autocad, then opened a dwg file and it was still missing.  I tried the RIBBONCLOSE, RIBBON, etc but it didn't help.  The ribbon really is there... but totally blank:)  

There I was thinking... no wonder... some people just refuse to use ribbons but the legacy menu system lol:)  Here I am adventurous to use ribbons after avoiding it for many years ha ha:)  Anyways, while messing around I went to the top-left corner (the A icon/menu) and found/selected something like "show menu bar" and it gave something like the "File  Edit   View  Insert  Format  Tools" etc pulldown menus.  Somewhere in there was an item related to Workspace and I selected "3D Modeling".  Lo and behold... all my ribbons showed up again and it's all good!! 😄 

--
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2019 | Perpetual + Subscription
Message 9 of 18
fender_102

Hi!

I use Autocad  2014 and I cant find my ribbons. I dont have the button to cycle through the states and even when I type ribbon in the command line, it does not seem to want to open. I checked the file path in Customization file and the specified file is : C\.......\autodesk\autocad 2014\r19.1\enu\support\acad

I also tried : C\......\autodesk\aca2014\enu\support\acad and it doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Message 10 of 18
alchimist

To fix this, type 'cui' to open the 'Customize User Interface' window.
Make sure you are on the customize tab (should be default)
Make sure the top left window is expanded (the Customizations in All Files window)
Scroll to the very top and right-click 'ACA' or 'ACAD'
Then select 'Reset ACA.CUIX'  or 'Reset ACAD.CUIX'
Click 'Continue' on the pop up window.
Then I had to close and re-open AutoCAD for the ribbon to reappear.
Hope this helps

Hans

Message 11 of 18
jm-draw
in reply to: alchimist

Thanks this helps a lot 🙂

Message 12 of 18
jayesh9009

thanks
Message 13 of 18
rockntroll

@Anonymous wrote:

See the attached image.  Perhaps you have simply cycled the ribbon to a minimized state.  If not, try typing RIBBON at the command prompt.  If you turned the ribbon off, that will turn it back on.  If both of those fail, check the Options dialog, on the Files tab, to see what Customization File has been specified.  If that is blank, or points to a file that does not have ribbon tabs defined within it, you will not have any ribbon tabs.

Thanks for the help David,

I had this happen also and just used your advice to correct it.

Wasn't real worried about it as I've got some bigger issues I'm stuck with right now...

Thanks

Erik

Message 14 of 18
vineet21

Hi all,

I am working on AutoCAD 2014. and I see my Ribbon not loading. I tried to run RIBBON command  but still its not coming.

I am working on OS : Windows 2008 Server

Message 15 of 18
BryanDaniels
in reply to: autocad.phil

Thanks Autocad.Phil!  I was wading through the answers and getting nowhere when I saw your post.  I already had the menubar (menubar=1), but had the same blank space where my ribbons should have been.  My QAT was also missing.  

I clicked on the Tools/Workspaces and then clicked ACADE &2D Drafting & Annotation and my Ribbons and QAT came back.  I did lose the Menubar and had to turn it on again, but it looks like I am in business.

Tags (2)
Message 16 of 18
amusat90
in reply to: alchimist

Thank you very much. Guys, make sure you press 'ok' and not 'apply'

Message 17 of 18
kotsonisk
in reply to: autocad.phil

Thank you very much.
Message 18 of 18
marc

No panic ... just follow these steps (max. 30")

Close the program, .. then;

Windows
> Autodesk
> AutoCAD 201X
> Reset settings to default

> Problem solved

Kind regards, Marc CLT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost