AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate AutoCad with a WPF C# appllication

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
marcel
1132 Views, 0 Replies

Integrate AutoCad with a WPF C# appllication

Hello,

I have a question about integrating AutoCad LT with a WPF C# application.

I have a client for whom I develop a ERP application, this client uses AutoCAD LT to draw there products which the produce. The use main-drawings for there products, different customers order this products whith different sizes.

The client has ask me if its possible to integrate and automate AutoCad with his order-process. When he makes a new order he wants  to open the drawing of the product which is ordered,  alter it, and save it under a different name in a particular folder.

The altering of the drawing will be done by the customer representive (CSR), the application should automatically save the drawing in a particular folder with a name which references the particular order. After that the application should priunt the drawing and then close the AutoCad instance.

So I have the following use case:

1. CSR: Enter new order and specify main drawing;
  2. Application: Open AutoCad drawing;
  3. CSR: Alter drawing;
  4. CSR: Submit order (in the application);
  5. Application: Instruct AutoCad to print the altered drawing;
  6. Application: Save drawing under new name in a particular folder;
  7. Application: Close AutoCad LT instance.

My question is, is there a API for AutoCad which I can use to implement this functionality. Or are there other ways to communicate these commands to AutoCad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marcel

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost