AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a font to default? need assistance please...

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
lrichterl
1646 Views, 1 Reply

How to set a font to default? need assistance please...

Another major problem we've been having with this upgrade is that our font - which had been some version of architxt.shx - has been set back to simplex.  And we don't really use templates at all... when making a new drawing all we do is copy an old one.  I'm getting the gist that templates are an understructure to the drawing, but I wouldn't be able to tell you which template informs all of our drawings, because quite simply we don't use and have never changed one.

So what I'm wondering is: is there some way to globally affect all of our drawings - both new and old - so that everything is using the same text?  I believe my coworker did something with a path/string in the options menu, but I don't know what, and am not about to mess with that without some definitive belief that I'm doing the right thing!  Currently, if I want to print out a set in the font we want, I have to "style" change every single drawing.  Obviously, there's got to be something better.

Please help!  Sent in a request to the autodesk subscription people but have heard nothing in 4days so far.  Boss is waiting on me.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnmacfall
in reply to: lrichterl

Since most drawings default to Standard text style, which is usually set to Simplex.shx, you could take a copy of your preferred font and rename it simplex.shx. This would make your font the default in most drawings. You'll have to replace simplex.shx on every computer. Be very careful and understand the ramifications because all instances of simplex.shx are going to change to your new font.

The alternative is to add code to your startup that defines your preferred text style and sets it current.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost