AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reference AecScheduleApplication

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jan
Advocate
1565 Views, 7 Replies

How to reference AecScheduleApplication

I am having trouble referencing AecScheduleApplication. I can work dimensioning schedApp as and Object, but then i do not have access to Intellisense in Visual Studio.

I have tried to reference AecXSchedule, but that leads to an error: The referenced component 'AecXSchedule' could not be found.

But I know for certain that the AecXSchedule.dll exists. I browsed for it and found it along the other dll's

What am I doing wrong?

Additional information:

Some screen dumps attached.

A part of my code (using the unmanaged objects):

Dim AcadApp As AcadApplication = Application.AcadApplication

Dim AcadDoc As AcadDocument = AcadApp.ActiveDocument

Dim schedApp As Object (THIS SHOULD BE DIMENSIONED AS AN AecScheduleApplication OBJECT)

SelectCase True

Case AcadApp.Version.StartsWith("19.0")

schedApp = AcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AecX.AecScheduleApplication.7.0") 'AecScheduleApplication

Case AcadApp.Version.StartsWith("19.1")

schedApp = AcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AecX.AecScheduleApplication.7.5") 'AecScheduleApplication

Case AcadApp.Version.StartsWith("20.0")

schedApp = AcadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AecX.AecScheduleApplication.7.7") 'AecScheduleApplication

Case Else

MsgBox("Function does not work in this AutoCAD version!", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "Error")

Exit Sub

EndSelect

Etc...

Regards

Jan Grenov

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jan

Why do you need to access that module?  Those are really for VBA but i guess you could use com for it.  .Net has its own api that has pretty much everything that you need.  So back to my original question, what are you trying to do with the Schedule module?  More than likely there is a .net api that will handle your needs.

Message 3 of 8
jan
Advocate
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Well actually I am trying to make use of some old mixed code that I made when transitioning from VBA to VB.NET some years ago.

... seems to be a bad idea to build even more new code on bad old code. So I decided to rewrite the unmanaged parts of the code and do it all in managed code.

Any hints on which mgd-dll's to reference?

Message 4 of 8
Keith.Brown

You still didnt mention what you are trying to accomplish so I will take a stab at it.  I am guessing that you need scheduling functionality along with property sets.  The api for those items can be found in the AECPropDataMgd.dll which is located in the ACA directory.

If you are using Visual Studio, I would recomend going into the acad, aca, and mep directories and loading up all dlls with *mgd.dll in the name.  Then you can use the object browser to view the classes that are in each dll.  To make it easy, i have a dummy project that just references all of those dll's in my main solution that I use.  The project doesnt actually do anything, its just a test bed for browsing the classes.

HTH.

Message 5 of 8
jan
Advocate
in reply to: Keith.Brown

You guessed correctly 🙂

Thanks a lot Keith
Message 6 of 8
wangaofang

Dear jan ,

Could you share your source code here? I want to read property set value from civil 3d with COM API ,and can not find any useful information.

Message 7 of 8
jan
Advocate
in reply to: wangaofang

I attach my code.

It is a long time since I made it, so I may not be able to answer all questions.

...hope this helps ...

Regards Jan

Message 8 of 8
wangaofang

Hi jan ,

Thanks you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost