AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entmod aec wall definitions help ?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
royboy666
359 Views, 0 Replies

entmod aec wall definitions help ?

Can you modify some of the properties using lisp of an aec wall style ? I have a routine that makes a "global" as I call it material, an "inner" material , that would be the aec style material pointing to the global material assigned to a wall component, and a new wall type, all with the same name, all with one click, quite the task I must say.

Everthing works except for the very last step, changing the wall component inner material definition to another one in the list. I run my routine, THEN open the wall style editor, select the component, change the material definition, then close it, this is what I want to avoid.

The routine seems simple enough, I get the entity data of aec_wall_style via a dictionary search and all the wall components of the searched wall are listed right there under the (2 . "wall-component-name"), after each name there is a 330 entitiy, that is the inner material assigned to that component. I simply do a (subst) of that 330 with one I construct using a different entity name from the aec material def library.

Then I entmod that new list, I get nil. Won't do it.

Just in case there was some sub entity that I missed or anything else I missed, I simply tried to change the name of the wall component, (2 . "old-name") to (2 . "newname"), entmodded that, nil. It won't even do that.

I wondering if there is a solution using visual lisp, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost