AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance command and text readout disappearing please help...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jmldg
2004 Views, 2 Replies

Distance command and text readout disappearing please help...

Hello there... having problems with one of our machines: when doing the "distance" command, typically as you go from point to point, the distance will be listed on the page next to my cursor as I go.  Then if you left click, right click, it will list the final distance down in the command window.  The machine in question no longer displays the distance on the page as you go.  This is a very useful feature for us, and although we can distance things, using the text readout in the command window takes muuuuuch longer.

I'm assuming it's just a preference issue, and I've noodled around searching for a fix, but I can't find it.  My boss, sitting next to me at the problem computer, just asked me to fix it, and I have no idea how.  Please help! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: jmldg

Is Dynamic input turned on?  Either the F12 key or the little box next to the cursor icon at the bottom left of your screen.

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 3
jmldg
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Had my settings on this forum a little screwy so didn't see your reply till now.  THANK YOU.  I knew it was something simple, but also at the same time something I never mess with.  Would have taken me eons to get there on my own.  This will make the other workers and my employer quite happy... really appreciate your response.

Liesl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost