AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog box default size change?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
johnmacfall
1025 Views, 1 Reply

Dialog box default size change?

I'm using AutoCAD Architecture 2012 and Windows 7 Professional x64. Is there a way to change the default sizes of various dialog boxes? When I use the File Open dialog box, for example, I always want it to be bigger so I drag the corner to enlarge it, but the next time I call it it's back to the same default size. Can I drag it to a new size and make that stick, a variable set differently perhaps, or is something more sophisticated involved?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MrShepherd
in reply to: johnmacfall

I have a two monitor setup and prefer to have AutoCAD on the monitor on the right-hand side.

I tried switching the monitor cables so that AutoCAD was using the right-hand screen as either the primary or secondary monitor, neither had any success.

What I found was that if the Open Dialog opens on the monitor on the left, it will stay resized to whatever the user wanted but if the Open File dialog is moved to the screen on the right, it will not stay resized.

Might take some getting used to but it is what it is....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost