AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tool Palettes from 2006 to 2012

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
818 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Tool Palettes from 2006 to 2012

I just migrated from 2006 to 2012... wow what a shock so far...

I was able to get my old custom tool palettes into 2012 by opening the Content Browser and idropping them.  However I noticed that these palettes are not 'refreshable' like they used to be.  In the Palette Properties it says *This palette is not shared from a catalog*... after doing a search of that message in these forums I found this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture/Palette-not-Shared/m-p/2700196/highlight/true#M32...

I followed David's instructions:

1. Created a new Palette Group

2. Created a new palette in that Group

3. i-dropped tools from my custom catalog in the Content Browser onto that new palette.

Still there is no 'refresh' option...???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

In Content Browser, at the top level, right click on your Tool Catalog and choose Properties.  Near the bottom is a toggle labeled "Link items when added to workspace".  Check this toggle and select OK to dismiss the Catalog Properties dialog.  Now when you i-drop palettes or tools from that catalog, they should remain linked back to the catalog.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks David... I haven't frequented this forum in 5 or so years but I remember you helping me way back in 2003.  So thanks for stickin' around  😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost