AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

classic menu bar?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1558 Views, 13 Replies

classic menu bar?

How do I get the Classic Menu Bar to appear? When I type MENUBAR and select 1 - it stays at 0 and says "No menues are defined." Please advise.

Regards Peter.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

The out-of-the-box ACA.cuix file has no pull-down menus defined, so you will need to either create some, or load a partial CUIX file that has pull-down menus before changing the value of MENUBAR. If you installed Express Tools, I believe the associated CUIX file has a single pull-down menu that would allow you to turn on the MENUBAR.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks David - I haven't installed Express Tools - Is it still something that gets put on from the DVD? I typed expresstools to unknown command response. I will check the DVD. I think this stuff is getting less and less intuitive with every release. Oh well that is progress! It seems like the "classic menu bar" is something that should be easy to find, but it sure is not!

I guess I'll try and install Express Tools or load another CUI file and see if I can get it. I just want my tool bars back really. IT is annoying to have to go to the View pulldown, push out the button you want, and then click on the orientation to adjust the view, when I would have to just press that button on the side bar of the screen menu. Maybe if everyone still had limited real estate like with the old 14" CRTs but not an issue when you can buy a 22" wide screen for $150.

Cheers Peter.
Message 4 of 14
David_W_Koch

If it is just quick access to the View flyout, you could "tear off" the View panel from the Home ribbon tab and leave it as a floating panel, always available. That was the default state, out-of-the-box, for me, but if it was not for you, or if you returned it to the Home ribbon tab, you can tear it off, as indicated at the end of this blog article:
http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2009/05/autocad-architecture-2010-ui-changes.html

You do have to do a custom installation and specifically indicate that you want the Express Tools installed. You can add them after the fact with the Add or Remove Programs option on the Windows Control Panel (in Windows XP, anyway - I assume there is something similar in Vista if you are using that OS). You may need to have the installation disk (or source) available.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

So I guess I am back to my original question? How do I get the "classic Menu Bar" to show up? If I have to make it from scratch why do they call it a classic menu bar? I think I'm a little confused here?? I loaded the Express tools and when I set Menubar to 1 - it just shows Express as the only selection. This is getting ridiculous!

I just figured it out. I changed my profile to the AutoCAD setting and then changed my menubar to 1 and voila - it all comes up! So now I just have to figure out how to get my toolbars to show up like I had before and I will be all set.

If anyone knows how to do that, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks. Peter.
Message 6 of 14
kramerd3

Ya got my sympathies Peter! I,m a student just starting out, We use 2009 in school but I have 2010 student version at home, when I open from the desktop, I get the screen but no ribbon, and NO command bar! it WAS there but I can't get it back, any suggestions? I can use all the help I can get! THanks!
Message 7 of 14
ted.evans

You should be able to type ribbon at the command line to get the ribbon back. You can type menubar at the command line then enter 1 to bring back the pull down menus if they exist in your cui. Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

This happened at our college as well. The trick is to go to options and
profiles and restore your profile. Hopefully that helps

Tony

wrote in message news:6256855@discussion.autodesk.com...
Ya got my sympathies Peter! I,m a student just starting out, We use 2009 in
school but I have 2010 student version at home, when I open from the
desktop, I get the screen but no ribbon, and NO command bar! it WAS there
but I can't get it back, any suggestions? I can use all the help I can get!
THanks!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

If you're missing the command bar, the command is COMMANDLINE

kramerd3 wrote:
> Ya got my sympathies Peter! I,m a student just starting out, We use 2009 in school but I have 2010 student version at home, when I open from the desktop, I get the screen but no ribbon, and NO command bar! it WAS there but I can't get it back, any suggestions? I can use all the help I can get! THanks!
Message 10 of 14
lhain668

I also have a question regarding the classic menu bar. Somehow on my menu bar, I have everything listed twice. So for example, it reads File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Draw, Dimension, Modify, Window, Help, Window, Help (in that exact order). How can I get it back to normal? Thanks
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

I have tried everything to get the pull down menu bar to show up. I know you have to modify the CUI however I just don't get how you do that. I have gone into the help files and what they show is not what I have. They actually show the pull down options under the men such as files, edit, ect. Acording to the help file you just check the options that you want. Well I don't have those options. I tried to change the user interface but only have one option. If anyone has any step by step instructions please share.

Another issue I am having is that everytime I open a new drawing they all show up on my start bar at the bottom on the screen. It gets very cluttered. I have email running, AutoCAD has many drawings open, plus any office programs. Is there a way to set it so that you can go into a pull down menu and switch between drawings.

This is really frusturating. The first time I installed 2010 on my old computer I never had any issues. The menu bar was there and everything.PLEASE HELP!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Autocad Architecture 2010 loads with ACA.CUIX and you can change it to ACAD.CUIX instead.
The path should be in C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\enu\support\
Once you change to ACAD.CUIX or you can add this to ENTERPRISE CUSTOMIZATION FILE, then you can choose AUTOCAD CLASSIC mode by clicking the gear look icon at the bottom of Autocad screen.
Hope this helps.
It works for me.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

how do you get the design menu, as in 2009 which allows you to access wall, door etc, styles to display on the menu bar in 2010
Message 14 of 14
balaguru_00

hello

i don't know clear english

but i dell u

u go to commend: menu

than

come one window some temple

u open this file

acadSampleWorkspaces

i think ur questin answer this suppose not this answer sorry........

thanku 

bakkiyaraj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost