AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for Autocad Architecture

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lukasz.taraszka
1737 Views, 4 Replies

API for Autocad Architecture

Hello everyone

I have short question. Are there any dll /extensions specifically for Autocad Architecture? 

I'm using arxdbg.dll and arxmgdbg.dll for normal autocad but some functionality are missing for exemple: API for creating a wall.

Are there any tutorials for programming Autocad Architecture?

I'm searching 2 hours, unfortunatelly I found nothing.
I will be gratefull for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The old ACA Help (2010 and earlier), had a section called "AutoCAD Architecture Active X Reference that had a map of the object structure and descriptions of objects, methods, etc.  Not sure how much of that remains relevant, with the push to move to .NET rather than VBA, but it may be of some use if you have access to that Help.

Perhaps similar information exists in the new online Help, but I did not see anything that was ACA-specific in a quick search of the 2012 online Help.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Hello

Thank You David for answer. I try to avoid old style programming so I prefer .net VB rather than VBA.

I decompiled some autocad dlls yesterday and I found some libraries which contain a lot of usefull methods. I'm talking about aecarchmgd.dll and to aecbasemgd.dll.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to use them.

Perhaps similar information exists in the new online Help, but I did not see anything that was ACA-specific in a quick search of the 2012 online Help.

I also couldn't find anything about that in online help.

Would anyone tell me where should I search for tutorials, doucmentation or even samples for Autocad Architectural API? I'll be very gratefull for any help.

Message 4 of 5

Autodesk University is a great place to start.

Kevin Vandecar taught a couple good classes in 2008 and 2009.  If you search for classes by him you will find them.

Below is the search string that I use to find his classes.

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class_listing&filter_keywords=&chunk=15&filter_type=&filter_track=&filter...

Inside the Autocad/samples/vb.net folder there are many examples that show how to do different things.

Message 5 of 5

Hello Advmech (I hope it's Your name 🙂 )
You showed me a great place where I will start look for the solution. I will be recognizing what is inside the sample codes.
I have just started my adventure with programming Autodesk products by using .Net and VB so that answers like Yours are very valuable for me.
Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost