AutoCAD Architecture Customization

AutoCAD Architecture Customization

Valued Mentor
mdhutchinson
Message 1 of 2 (368 Views)
Accepted Solution

Adesk confirms True/False Property Set Prop no worky.

368 Views, 1 Replies
02-11-2013 10:55 AM

We have been having an issue with being able to user select True or False option in Extended Data tab True/False Prop.

I made post to support page last October 2012... and Autodesk confirms this to be an issue.

Has anyone done a work-a-round?

Valued Mentor
mdhutchinson
Message 2 of 2 (353 Views)

Re: Desk confirms True/False Property Set Prop no work.

02-22-2013 09:39 AM in reply to: mdhutchinson

I found an acceptable work-a-round.

Do the following:

1. Create a List Definition named 'TrueFalse'.
  2. Set 'Applies To' ... 'Manual Property Definition'.
  3. On 'Items' tab, create two items. True, and False.
  4. In the PropertySetDefinition where you have Manual Properties set to  'True/False', change the Type to List.
  5. Edit the Source to your 'TrueFalse' List Definition.
  6. Set the default as you wish.
  7. Edit the Schedule Style.
  8. Ddelete the Columns that use the now broken True/False functionality.
  9. Replace the Columns you wish to show TrueFalse Dot symbol with a Formula Property.
  10. The formula should use Select Case statement as follows. See attached image.

Notes:

• Formula Properties defined in the PropSetDef will not result in the schedule using a 'Dot'.
  • Format has to be 'Unformatted'. Both the format control as well as the one in the 'Enter Sample Values' panel. I have found this to make a big deference. If this format is not set accordingly, the result will not be properly evaluated.
  • The Select Case works, but the otherwise equivelant 'If Then' statement does not.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.