AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2012 2015 PGP FILE

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
arkitek2s
1702 Views, 4 Replies

ACA 2012 2015 PGP FILE

For some strange reason, when I open ACA 2015, my 2012 pgp comes in.  yet when i use 2012, my 2015 pgp is used.

anyway to correct this? 

How do I get the correct version with the correct pgp?

thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: arkitek2s

Options dialog, Files tab, expand the Working Support File Search Path node.  You cannot edit anything here (that is done in the node above, Support File Search Path), but this will show the currently active search path.  (It is based on the folders you have set under Support File Search Path, but excludes any that were not able to be found when AutoCAD opened.)

AutoCAD will use the first PGP file it finds.  Assuming that you do not have a copy in the folder in which the currently open drawing is found (first place AutoCAD looks), then the folders listed here are searched, in order, top to bottom, until and ACAD.pgp is found.  I have no idea where you have your 2012 and 2015 versions of ACAD.pgp stored, but the search paths in each version must be set such that it is finding the other version's ACAD.pgp file before it finds its own.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch

PS:  You can type

(findfile "acad.pgp")

at the Command: prompt and then press the ENTER key to have AutoCAD tell you where it is finding ACAD.pgp for each version.  Typically, it is in each user's Support folder, but depending upon how you have your search path set up, it could be anywhere.

Here is what I get back from (findfile "acad.pgp") in ACA 2014:

"C:\\Users\\dkoch\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\aca 2014\\enu\\support\\acad.pgp"

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
arkitek2s
in reply to: David_W_Koch

in both '12 and '15 all paths are correct. same as yours.  even the findfile comes up the same.

2015:

Command: (findfile "acad.pgp")
"C:\\Users\\tewsh\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\aca 2015\\enu\\support\\acad.pgp"

2012:

Command: (findfile "acad.pgp")
"C:\\Users\\tewsh\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\aca 2012\\enu\\support\\acad.pgp"

Message 5 of 5
arkitek2s

OK...i went to edit the pgp in 2012 and its pointing to 2015 file location.

i changed the file save as location back to 2012 folder.

OK...its back to normal.  

Thanks David.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost