AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Profile being ignored

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
masiefert
970 Views, 5 Replies

2015 Profile being ignored

I am attempting to Load AutoCAD MEP with a custom (Company) profile.  This has worked well in the past.  However, using the new AutoCAD MEP, and Windows 8 the profile is simply ignored.  It does not load, and will not swtch to it.  If i misspell the profile name in the command line, it complains.  So i know it sees the profile switch. 

Am i alone in this?  anyone know of a way to fix this?

Thanx

MAS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: masiefert

I understand you can see the profile in the OPTIONS dialog but you are unable to switch to that profile if you're on Wndows 8.

• Any error message when you do this switch in the options dialog?
  • Does it work if you recreate the profile?

Is it possible for you to send the profile file? Any details to repro this issue would be helpful.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 6
masiefert
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

Sorry meant to get back sooner.  I am trying to apply the profile in a startup script for new users.  It is simply ignored.  I can add it manually, but i really don't want to have to do that.  Profile attached, had to name it with a.txt extension, as opposed to .arg. Thanx!

Message 4 of 6
bvanallen
in reply to: masiefert

Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the same problem.

I've created a completely new profile for my office's 2015 MEP. It is listed and seen in the profiles list, I can switch to and set it current (and all my settings change appropriately). When I close and re-start autcoad though, it goes back to the default Global profile. Does anyone know how to force it to load my profile on startup?

Message 5 of 6
masiefert
in reply to: bvanallen

No, unfortunately, i was not able to get AutoCAD to behave as it should (or is it as we expected).  To get it to function as desired, i went old-school, and used an acaddoc.lsp routine to select the profile.  Hope that helps!

Message 6 of 6
bvanallen
in reply to: bvanallen

Ok, my lisp wasn't running either so I just went back to google and searched around a bit.

What ever icon you are clicking on to launch autocad, try right-clicking on it and choose properties. Take a look at the Target line. Autodcad must have had that pesky Global profile set in there from the very begining. I changed it to my mep-elec profile, and now everything appears to be loading correctly. As a bonus, my lisp files are loading correctly now too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost