Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch & Inherit Properties

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
eroselle
2010 Views, 0 Replies

Hatch & Inherit Properties

In Architecture releases prior to 2012, the hatch dialog's "inherit properties" command matched only the hatch type, scale, and angle - not the current layer.  In ACA 2012 "inherit properties" insists on matching the current layer, over-riding the setting of "HPLAYER".  While I understand this is intended as a time-saving feature, in my case it is an aggravation as I would typically use other methods to ensure the hatch goes on the correct layer (we don't use a single default).  When I use the "inherit properties" command I only want to match specific properties (typically the previous default behavior (type, scale, and angle).

ACA 2012 includes a system variable for controlling how the hatch origin is set when using "inherit properties" (ie. HPORIGIN).  Could either:

1. similar system variables be added for controlling what items "inherit properties" matches, or

2. could the behavior of HPLAYER be extended to allow for NOT allowing the current setting to be over-ridden (ie. once it is set to current layer it stays there.)

Thanks,

Eric Roselle

Peckham & Wright Architects

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report