AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xrefs won't resolve in ACA 2015 but work fine in ACA2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
430 Views, 3 Replies

Xrefs won't resolve in ACA 2015 but work fine in ACA2013

We are having a problem with xrefs becoming unresolved in ACA 2015.  The same file with the xrefs opens fine in ACA 2013 with all xrefs resolved.  Any one elese having the same problem?  And have you discovered a work around for this?

Thanks.

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi can you try to purge, audit and scalelist edit all the xref's before attach to main drawing or dxfout and dxfin again all the xrefs, save to .dwg and again purge, audit and scalelist edit . hope it helps. thanks.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

First of all, thank you for the quick response.

I have done a recovery, audit, purge, and scalelist edit of all xrefs including the drawing which the xref's are overlayed. None of those procedures resolved the issue with the xrefs in ACA2015. I am currently working in ACA2014 and the xrefs resolve just fine without having to purge, audit, etc. I should also state that the drawing and xrefs that I am working on were originally drawn in ACA2015. I still have some systems running ACA2013 and we all save to 2007 dwg format, but that does not appear to be an issue since the xrefs load fine in ACA2013 and ACA2014.

I have installed the latest updated for ACA2015 and that did not resolve this problem. Hope this additional information helps in resolving this problem.

Regards.
Brian

Brian M Rais, AIA, NCARB, CSI
Project Architect

[image001]
32500 Telegraph Road, Suite 250
Bingham Farms, Michigan 48025
248 540 7700 X232 fax 540 2710

[csi-member-logo]

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Disclaimer / Confidential
We are transmitting electronic copies of the files identified above. This data is released as an aid to the recipient and in no way limits the User's responsibilities to meet any and all contractual obligations.
Rogvoy Architects, P.C. and the client for the above referenced project make no warranty either expressed or implied as to the appropriateness or compatibility of these files for the use(s) they are requested for.
The electronic data transmitted herewith is done so on an "as-is" basis, and due to the possibility of electronic data to alter without detection, it shall be the recipient's sole responsibility to verify accuracy of this data with any previously distributed hard copies. In the event of discrepancies, hard copies contractually identified as Construction Documents shall govern.
Furthermore, any use of the above identified files shall be at the User's own risk and it shall be the recipient's responsibility to maintain accurate data file records pursuant to the issuance of any Addenda or Bulletins.
Any drawings produced from the electronic file(s) provided by Rogvoy Architects, P.C. shall not be considered property of Rogvoy Architects, P.C., nor will Rogvoy Architects, P.C. be held liable for such drawings.

Virus Detection Notice: Due to the ever increasing complexity and growth of electronic media viruses, it is wise to scan any disk/file received from outside sources or received over the Internet. If any virus is detected by your Firm on any media received from Rogvoy Architects, P.C., please contact us immediately.

Receipt or use of the transmitted electronic file or files constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
Please note that these files are through the latest issuance of Construction Documents and are not AS-BUILTS.
Message 4 of 4
sam.sanchez
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having this same issue. Usually a purge fixes the problem, but have a stubborn file that will not resolve in the sheet, but is ok in 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost