AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF's disappear

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ralpholivier2
568 Views, 3 Replies

XREF's disappear

This is a first time bizarre experience. Using Project Navigator, I have dragged model space views into a sheet file. The only thing that appears is the text that was created in the View file, nothing of the Construct that was xref'ed into the view file. In the Sheet file, in Layer Manager, I can see that none of the layers from the Construct are in the file. It is only happening on this one project. Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have an explanation/solution for this dilemma?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Ralph
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rellison
in reply to: ralpholivier2

You have verified that the constructs are referenced to the view using the "attach" method rather than the "overlay" method?
Message 3 of 4

Silly me. I dragged the XREF's into the view files, so I am surprised that they were overlayed instead of attached, but yes, that was the problem. Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
rellison
in reply to: ralpholivier2

Dragging a construct into a view will attach it if the view is of type "General" or "Detail" and will overlay it if the view is of type "Section/Elevation". This is the principal difference between the types of views.
Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost