AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Reload issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
biju_KK
402 Views, 7 Replies

Xref Reload issue

Hi
few of our systems are not loading the xrefs automatically. it show as UNRESOLVED until relaoad it manually. also this systems are not able to attach / overlay xrefs as relative path.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: biju_KK

Sounds like you moved your Xrefs based on your two symptoms.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 8
biju_KK

no it's not moved . if its moved then it should not work when pressing reload, until we reborowse it. And also few of the users are able to open the file correctly. i doubt it something related to network.
Message 4 of 8
erinthearchintern

so 4 years later, I too am having this problem. did anyone ever figure out why it was happening? it's starting to really frustrate me.

thanks ya'll!

Message 5 of 8

I found this is the fix: go to options>open and save. Under the xrefs it says Demand load Xrefs, make sure Disabled is chosen. TADA! Hope this might help anyone else browsing.

Message 6 of 8

Wouldn't disabled keep it from loading at startup?

We use enabled with copy at work, and ours load up upon opening, and additionally, any references in my drawing can be edited while I am loading them.

Message 7 of 8

Nope, they still load at start up. I can't remember where I read that solution, but it works like a charm and I haven't had any further problems with my xref. 

I used to run enabled with copy but the problem persisted until I made that change.

Message 8 of 8
David_W_Koch
in reply to: David_Knight

Demand loading of external references does (should) not affect the automatic loading of external references.  Demand loading is a feature that allows AutoCAD to improve performance by limiting what gets loaded into your drawing under certain conditions, provided that Spatial and Layer Indexes are turned on.  With demand loading enabled, if you have a clipped Xref, AutoCAD will only load the elements needed to to show the clipped extents.  If you have frozen layers, the objects on those layers will not be loaded.

When demand loading is "Enabled", a lock is placed on the externally referenced files, and others cannot open or copy over that file.  "Enabled with Copy" allows demand loading to be used, but a local, temporary copy of the external reference is made, so that the source file is not locked.  If you are not making use of demand loading, you can choose the "Disabled" option, and demand loading will not be active.

I cannot explain why the original poster was having issues with the loading of external references with "Enabled with Copy" chosen.  Perhaps the lag time in making the copy from a network location to a local location was exceeding some time limit in AutoCAD, and it was then stopping the loading and moving on.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost