AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Drawings with fields

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
411 Views, 0 Replies

Xref Drawings with fields

Hi, I'm having an issue with fields as I xref them into plot sheets. Problem is below:

• I have a series of blocks in a drawing that are named so the names can be used in fields for notation(CW1.01, CW1.02, CW2.02). I've done this incase the name convention changes I can rename the blocks and everything updates. 
  • I'm using fields and selecting the field category:objects>field name:object>selecting the block >property:name to create a titles and notes on the drawing in mulitple locations.
  • When I xref the drawing into the plot sheet all the fields add the file name, going from CW1.01 to ELEV-PANEL-DETAIL|CW1.01, for example.

Is there a way to remove the drawing file name from the being displayed in the field when I xref it into a new drawing? I front end loaded the work on this note realizing it would reference back to the xref'd drawing and would love to not have to go convert them to text.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost