AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-ref hides new linework

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
archbaech
375 Views, 4 Replies

x-ref hides new linework

What am I doing wrong here. All I want to do is trace on top of an x-ref elevation. The x ref hides all my new lines so I cannot see what I've just drawn. Even the display order has no effect, not that I want to use the display order everytime I draw a line. I just want my new black lines to show up on top of the faded xref image.  can't do it.  Please help. Wasting lots of time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: archbaech

We don't have that problem: does this happen in ALL of your files with ALL xrefs, or is it one file/xref?

Do you need to just REGEN or even REGENALL to reset the display (not the objects)? Some PCs need that to kick-start their graphics card.

Message 3 of 5
KathyMoffa

Are you by any chance trying to trace in a conceptual or realistic visual style?  

Message 4 of 5
archbaech

Thank you for responding. I cut an elevation from a 3d model.  The model was in 2d wire frame.  The section was a 2d section. I inserted it on the model drawing. Then I wblocked only the 2d elevation to a new drawing named east elevation.

I open a new drawing. I refernence the new block "East Elevation" I try to trace over it. the new lines are hidden below the x-ref. I try x-ref fading to see the new lines but they are hidden below the xref lines.  I try display order 'bring to front'.  It does but then when I zoom out or pan the line hides again under the x ref lines.

I tried this again an a different elevation and a completely new drawing and had the same results.

So now I check my visual style setting and see that it is set to some visual style named  "standard"  I cange it to 2d wireframe and Voila! everything works correctly. 

Now my question is wnere did this visual style named "standard" come from?  It is not on the visual style list. I did not create it. And I do not know how to edit it. 

Message 5 of 5
archbaech

The solution is to change the visual setting from "standard" to 2D wireframe"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost