AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Ref as a background

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
209 Views, 3 Replies

X Ref as a background

I want to use a floor plan as a background. It is an xref into the sheet I am working. All items in the xref (non wall type items) changed line weight under the VP Color when I change the xref layers while in the VP. However, wall types did NOT change. All items in the wall type are per bylayer.

Advise?

Thanks, Marc5

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would detach the x-ref, "purge" the drawing...  Reattach the x-ref, and then utilize then only modify the color of the layers. Use screening in the CTB file you are using to print and it will make everything come out grey.

Message 3 of 4
MarySeufert

Not sure what you need exactly for it to be a 'background'. Does that mean having the object printed screened or with a different lineweight. If so you can use the OOTB Screened Display Configuration. This will change how all AEC objects (walls, windows, etc.) are displayed. Using 'Screened' or 'Reflected Screened' changes the AEC object layers to 'A-ANNO-SCRN' layer OOTB, and you can manipulate that layer's lineweight/color or plot style for your needs.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I detached and all is working with line weights. Thanks. Regards, Marcus A. Jones PROJECT MANAGER [LDJ Logo White - Email] 2554 Beach Blvd, Suite D Biloxi, MS 39531 P: 228.388.5099 F: 228.388.7088 www.ldjarchitects.com Any drawings, details, images, text, and renderings contained within the body of this email, and any attachments of similar but not limited to this same description are copyrighted by LeBatard Denmark Jones Architects, PLLC and claim all rights of the copyright laws. Unless otherwise indicated, the information contained in this message is confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, or are not sure whether it is privileged, notify the sender immediately by telephone and please return the message to bjones@ldjarchitects.com. ? Please consider the environment before printing this email [Net-Solutions-Facebook]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost