AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 - Workspace - 3D Modeling option not showing

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
pam
Contributor
47760 Views, 19 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 - Workspace - 3D Modeling option not showing

i do not show 3d modeling as a workspace setting option. only architecture. i was able to right click and 'solid', etc will show up on the pull downs now. but does is matter not to have the 3d modelling workspace?

using autocad architecture 2012 and 2013

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Workspace - 3D Modeling option not showing ]

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
pothied
in reply to: pam

I think that I know what you are looking for. You want the 3D Modeling workspace that is available in the ACAD menu but you are probably working in the Architecture (ACA) menu. If that is the case, then it is pretty simple to get the 3D Modeling workspace into the Architecture menu using the CUI editor.

Type CUI at the command line.

Select the Transfer Tab at the top of the CUI editor

In the right side of the dialog, select the Open Customization File button and navigate to the folder where the CUIX files are located. On Windows 7 for AutoCAD MEP 2013, they can be found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\Support

Select the acad.CUIX file and select the Open button.

Select 3D Modeling in the Workspaces section and drag it to the left and drop it in the Workspaces section.

Select Apply and Ok

You should now have two workspaces – Architecture and 3D Modeling

I also created a short video with the steps that you can view here

http://screencast.com/t/Sj54gzMm5e0

I hope that this information solves your problem. 

David Pothier

Message 3 of 20
pam
Contributor
in reply to: pothied

Yes, thank you soooo very much!! psd copy pamela sudmeier design pam@sudmeier.com 970-366-0389
Message 4 of 20
mujahidulislam

hi m using autocad architecture 2015.

the 3d modelling option is not displaying even after i enable the workspace from status bar.the below menu is not getting displayed
Inline images 1

instead its displaying like this

Inline images 2

even at the right down corner its displaying the same.pls help to access the 3d modelling.can anyone help pls
Message 5 of 20
yubraj.kawar1112

my autodesk autocad also doesnot consists 3d modelling interface.............so what should i do to get it

Message 6 of 20

Welcome to the community!

Are you using AutoCAD Architecture, rather than just plain AutoCAD?  If so, and you are using a profile that has the ACA.cuix file as the main customization file, have you tried to to what @pothied suggested in the second post on this thread (marked by the original poster as the solution)?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 20
xalqallaf

it works even with 2017 ..

Thanks a lot man 

Regards,

Yousif

Message 8 of 20
shieweisberg
in reply to: xalqallaf

Hi

I have AutoCAD 2017 LT, and my only workspace that I have is the drafting & annotation.

Any way I can get the 3D workspace working?

I tried searching for the ACA.CUIX but I only see a file named acadlt.cuix

Thanks a lot

Message 9 of 20
David_W_Koch
in reply to: shieweisberg

The ACA.cuix file comes with AutoCAD Architecture, an architecture-specific program built on top of AutoCAD, and the subject software of this forum.  It will not be part of the out-of-the-box content for AutoCAD LT.  While I have not ever used AutoCAD LT, my understanding it that while it can open a 3D AutoCAD drawing, it is intended for 2D work and it most likely that the acadlt.cuix does not have a 3D Modeling workspace.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 20
rob_blackburn543

Worked perfectly, even on the networked PC's in the office. Just had to search the root folder for 'acad.cuix' as the structure was different with it being a mapped drive.

IT had installed full ACAD over the top of ACAD LT CUIX files and it had adopted them and dropped the 3d workspaces. Fully functional now.

Thanks very much.

Message 11 of 20
andrew.challans

That works fine thanks very much. Good man.

Message 12 of 20
thurazaw

Dear,

I use Autocad 2018 ,Why 3d modeling option is not showing in workspace switching.

Message 13 of 20
iqbalhakim959

hi, im currently using autocad 2019. But it doesnt show the 3d modelling menu. I cant find it anywhere in my autocad 2019.

Message 14 of 20
pendean
in reply to: iqbalhakim959

This is not the forum for plain AutoCAD, is that what you are suing? Start ABOUT command then find out.

If you are using autoCADARCHITECTURE (topic of this forum) then read the posted solution above the you went past and see i that helps
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-forum/workspace-3d-modeling-option-not-showing/m...
and https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-forum/workspace-3d-modeling-option-not-showing/m...

HTH
Message 15 of 20
reagandacosta07

Hi, I use Windows 8.1 OS and AutoCAD architecture 2014. Can you tell me the next steps for the same problem,  because I'm not getting the options of 'appdata' after 'username' after C:\Users\<username>

Message 16 of 20

@reagandacosta07 

AppData is a hidden folder in Windows.  Either turn on the display of hidden files and folders or manually type the folder name to get into the folder.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 17 of 20
mhahnM9C5X

Thank-you this was very helpful, although the instructions didn't follow the file layout exactly it got me the workspace I was looking for. 

Message 18 of 20
jwarga9ZMAP

Thank you!

Message 19 of 20

I am using auto cad 2023 and these steps aren't working for me.  Is it in a different file for the version I have.

Message 20 of 20

@Twistedmetalfab.cody Why don't you share a screenshot of your entire fully expanded program window with your ABOUT command pop-up open in the middle of the drawing screen when you get a chance.

TIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost