AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Kiko-ita
251 Views, 4 Replies

workflow

Hi there,

Quick question for the one of you with more experience on the Architectural design.

What workflow do you ise to design a house in 3d and be able to use it to do 2d design and prints?

I came form a mechanical field and I used programs like Inventor, Unigraphics and Catia....all parametric and so nice to work with but this Autocad 3D I don't really get it with that annoying UCS...anyway.. what do you do? Revit? Autocad and Rhino? or.....

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Kiko-ita

Hi Federico,

To start with, in AutoCAD Architecture, you may want to try Project Navigator. This tool can help you create your project in 3D, while concurrently producing 2D construction drawings. Here are a couple of links to get you started. If you have more questions, post them here, and I'm sure some other users will jump in with recommendations.

Concepts of Drawing Management

Project Browser

Project Navigator

Project Structure

Drawing Management

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 5
Kiko-ita
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Hi Victoria, thanks for the quick reply.

I starded reading the link you posted and I got to this page

knowledge.autodesk.com

If you scrool down you will see the "create floor plans" and is say to go to the home tab and Build panel....where is the build panel? I research a little bit and I saw that is in Autocad Architecture. I have the Building Design Suite Standard 2015 and Autocad Architecture is included but I cannt find that tab....

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch

Have you installed AutoCAD Architecture, or just "vanilla" AutoCAD?  AutoCAD will not have the Build panel on the home tab (main customization file is the ACAD.cuix file); AutoCAD Architecture will (main customization file is the ACA.cuix file).

Even if you have installed AutoCAD Architecture, it is possible to run it "as AutoCAD", in which case you would be using the ACAD.cuix and would also not have the Build panel on the Home tab.  On the Options dialog, check which Profile you have set current, and also look at the Profile tab in the Options dialog, to see what other Profiles may be installed.  If the AutoCAD profile is set current, try changing to one that starts with AutoCAD Architecture.  (Your localizations may vary; my comments are based on the United States content.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Victoria.Studley

Hi Kiko-ita,

For a visual, here's a screenshot of where the Build panel should appear on your ribbon in AutoCAD Architecture:

2015_ACA_Build_Panel.png

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost