AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
tbecker1
256 Views, 3 Replies

Windows

I am running autocad arch 2013 , and trying to put single hung windows into a drawing. I only get about 5 options.  Any ideas.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: tbecker1

Have you looked for additional content in the Content Browser?  Have you installed content beyond the "Global" content, such as the US Imperial content, US Metric content or other content appropriate to your location?

If so, and that content does not have what you want, can you be more specific about what you want?  If I understand correctly, a single-hung window is not necessarily very different from a double-hung, except that one of the sashes is fixed.  At the level of detail typically shown in an AEC Window, the styles of double-hung content provided could be copied, and the copies renamed single-hung.  If you have a specific configuration in mind, posting an image of what you want will allow others to provide more specific directions on how to achieve what you are trying to do.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
tbecker1
in reply to: David_W_Koch

l will give it a try.

Message 4 of 4
ntellery
in reply to: tbecker1

I think I've seen more comprehensive windows in the UK content pack.  

It's intended to use DWA's for more comprehensive windows but I like being able to insert brick sizes in the Window object so I created models of complex but common windows for Australia using mass elements and doctored window blocks and set them to stretch within. That has limitations (like the blocks stretch out of proportion) but within certain parameters is acceptable to me and very quick now for insertion because the are on a tool pallete.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost