AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Pro 8.1 with ACA & Revit 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dhrd
326 Views, 3 Replies

Windows Pro 8.1 with ACA & Revit 2014

I’m running Windows 7 Pro with ACA & Revit 2014, and I would like to upgrade to Windows 8.1. Are there any issues that I should be concerned about and is this worth the effort?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: Dhrd

Revit OS Compatibility

ACA OS Compatibility

Can't give you real world advice since I am skipping Win 8/8.1 and won't touch the product until Microsoft truly learns its lesson about reducing productivity by removing the start menu and its powerful search function. In other words waiting for Win 9. *End MS rant* Smiley Wink

The differences between Win 7 and Win 8.1 aren't worth the hassle IMHO. 8.1 is a faster OS on its own with proper hardware. All they really did was optimize the OS for tablet applications and change the interface, no really great 'I NEED that feature' for me. Installing Revit might be troublesome, ACA would probably do okay on 8.1. In both cases you are on your own for support.

Just my 2 cents, search the forum for others opinions, this subject isn't new!

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4
pendean

It's best practice (ask any experienced IT manager) to purchase a PC built and designed for Win8.1 and install your software on it and leave Win7 on the PC that was designed for it.

Otherwise have an alternate income/revenue stream lined up if you decide to chance it and it goes south on you as it has happened to some who come running here for help afterwards.

Microsoft is not Apple and Windows is not MacOS: as Mary noted, they are terrible at this kind of thing.
Message 4 of 4
David_Knight

From a "networked office" standpoint - you would need to consider all equipment at your location you'll be using.  For example, if your server is compatible with Windows 8.1 connections.  Is your copier/plotter have drivers for their equipment too.

It can be a big hairy mess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost