AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows and Doors

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
368 Views, 3 Replies

Windows and Doors

I just installed Autocad 15 Architecture and I am having prbloems adding windows and dorrs to walls.  Im on a deadline to finish some plans I could really use some help.   Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you ever used (any previous version of) AutoCAD Architecture before?  In other words, are you asking how are Doors and Windows added to Walls in AutoCAD Architecture, or do you know that but are having a problem specific to the 2015 version that is not what you are used to seeing?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

specific to 2015 version I havent used Autocad for about 6 years.
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Was your experience from six or so years back in AutoCAD Architecture or vanilla AutoCAD? 

Unless you were using a release from before Architectural Desktop (former name for AutoCAD Architecture) 2004, you should be familiar with tool palettes.  If you were using AutoCAD Architecture/Architectural Desktop, you should be familiar with Wall, Door and Window tools on the tool palettes.  A starter set is provided out-of-the-box, and the Content Browser has catalogs that provide a lot more.  You can also create your own styles and tools to run them.

Are you running AutoCAD Architecture 2015 from an AutoCAD Architecture profile?  If you are running "as AutoCAD," you will not have the out-of-the-box AutoCAD Architecture Wall, Door, Window, etc. tool palettes in your worksapce.  If you are running an AutoCAD Architecture profile, and do not have the full out-of-the-box content, there could be two possibilities: 

1.  Depending on where you are located, your localized content may not have as many tools/palettes available out-of-the-box (I am only very familiar with the US Imperial and US Metric content).

2.  Depending on how you installed AutoCAD Architecture, you may or may not have installed additional content beyond the limited content that is part of the "Global" profile.  I believe that you need an internet connection in order to download additional content at the time of installation (or deployment image creation).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost