AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Tile Horizontally & Vertically

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bgempp
4182 Views, 5 Replies

Window Tile Horizontally & Vertically

Hi ~

I have Architecture 2009 and my computer needed to have my profile rebuilt.  Now I am unable to tile my acad drawing horizontally or verically like I used too.  I tried to rebuilt the file and reinstall but that doesn't seem to work.  Also rather than opening at least 2 drawing (or more) now results in seperate sessions rather than 1 session with 2 or more files.  Anyone have any suggestions as to what the setting is that I need to update?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: bgempp

Sounds like someone reassigned your DWG application to ACAD.EXE instead of the default ACLAUNCHER in Windows Explorer: what else got "rebuilt" other than your profile?

Message 3 of 6
jcp
Advocate

Setting the Taskbar system variable to 0 will show only one session of autocad on the task bar.

Message 4 of 6
bgempp
in reply to: pendean

To Dean ~

The dwg was acttached to acad.exe so I reattached all dwgs to ACLAUNCHER as you suggested.  I still am unable to tile my autocad darwings Horizontally or Vertically but I am now able to open mutiple drawings in 1 session of Autocad.  Thanks for solving part of the problem.  Now how about the other part of tiling my autocad drawings Horizontally or Vertically.  Should I restart my computer?  Just for your information, I have a 64 bit machine operating on Windows 7 with 12 gig of ram and a ATI Firepro V8700 video card.  Again, many thanks

Message 5 of 6
pendean

I've never experienced that issue before: if you load a stock or new PROFILE instead of your rebuilt one, does the problem go away?

Message 6 of 6
rlowry

I believe there is a command 'SDI' that sets up AutoCAD to only allow 1 drawing per session.  Set it to <0> to allow multiple drawings per session.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost