AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Tags won't show up in Paper Space or plot

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TexShalter
4381 Views, 3 Replies

Window Tags won't show up in Paper Space or plot

My first try at using tags ...

Went around the plan and added a tag for each window.

They display as large diamonds with a corresponding number.

I scaled them all down by 4 and changed their layer.

They show up in Model Space, and I have the layers thawed in PS viewports.

Made a Window Schedule on the same layer - it shows up in PS & plots fine

Thanks ...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: TexShalter

At the bottom right of the drawing window you will find an odd 3-pointed flower pedal design with a lightbulb on top of it.  It toggles the views to show or hide annotative objects.  If the lightbulb is not lit, then click it.  

The issue with the tags being incorrectly scaled initially is probably due to the annotation scale being incorrect for the drawing into which you added the tags.

Message 3 of 4
TexShalter
in reply to: Libbya

yup, this it's

never would have guessed it  

Hope I remember that next time !

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: TexShalter

You would be better off setting the annotation scale correctly before placing the tags (or adding the desired scale to the tags after having placed them), and then using that same scale for your viewport, rather than manually scaling the too-large tags in model space and turning on the display of all scales in the viewport.

By doing the latter, you lose the power of annotative content to only display in views with matching scale.  You can add more than one scale to a single item of annotative content, if you need it to appear in several viewports at different scales.  This is quite useful for items like Space Tags, which often want to be seen on plans at multiple scales.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost