AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window head height property data

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chughes
464 Views, 2 Replies

Window head height property data

I am working with window schedules.  I have a situation where I have a 4'6" tall dormer wall, with the bottom of the wall set at an elevation of 7'-0".  I have windows in the dormer wall, with the window head height set at -6" from the top of the wall.  When I create my schedule, the head height property data is relative to the anchoring object, and the schedule reports the window head height at 4'-0".  The true head height of the window is 7'-0" + 4'-0" = 11'-0".

How can I get my schedule to report the true head height of the window, not the head height relative to the anchoring wall?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: chughes

The simplest way would be to draw the dormer wall with a baseline of Z=0 and then edit the bottom of the wall (not the baseline) to have it at 4'-0".  That should get things reporting correctly.  If that's not practical for some reason you could edit your property set to have the reporting field either report the actual head height or a manual override from a third field.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 3
chughes
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Perfect. Made the wall full height, set the windows back at -6" from top of wall, and used the 'Modify Floor Line' command and offset it +7'.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost