AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

window grids?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
shaqywakie
500 Views, 2 Replies

window grids?

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if the windows tool has a feature where it would allow me to put grids in the windows when i show it in section view. I would like to have windows that are more interesting for my clients instead of just plain windows.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: shaqywakie

Add a Muntins Block to the display of your Window.  This is done in the display properties of a Window.  Assuming you do not want the same muntins on all of your Windows, you will want to do this at the Style level.  If you have other Windows of the same current style that should not get muntins, duplicate the Window Style before proceding.

1.  Edit the Window Style.

2.  In the Window Style Properties dialog, choose the Display Properties tab.

3.  Add Style-level Display Overrides to the Elevation, Model, Model High Detail and Model Low Detail Display Representations.  When the Display Properties dialog opens for each Display Representation, click OK and continue to add the overrides to the other Display Representations noted.  (You can skip any that you do not use, if desired.) 

NOTE:  The reason for adding the overrides to all of the Display Representations first is that you can automatically copy the Muntins Block from the first one you edit to all of the others.  This only works if you already have overrides in place on the others.

4.  Edit the Elevation Display Representation display override (double click the name, or select the name and then select the Edit Display Properties button in the upper right corner).

5.  In the Display Properties dialog, choose the Muntins tab.

6.  Verify that the Automatically Apply to Other Display Representations and Object Overrides toggle is checked.

7.  Select the Add button.

8.  Use the Muntins dialog to name and define the muntin block for your window.  When done, click OK.

9.  In the Display Properties dialog, select the Layer/Color/Linetype tab and adjust the display settings for the muntin block, if desired.  Select OK.

10.  Because you had the toggle checked, the muntin block you created will be applied to other Display Representations that support muntin blocks (Elevation and the various Model Display Representations, plus any custom copies thereof that you have made) and which already had a display override created.  You can edit each to verify this and make any desired changes on the Layer/Color/Linetype tab.

11.  When done editing display settings, select OK to return to the drawing.

You can now add an elevation or section, or refresh an existing elevation or section, to see the muntins you added.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
shaqywakie
in reply to: shaqywakie

Thank you so much! haha I didn't know it was called muntins. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost