AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window clear opening in schedule

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
anniesball72
194 Views, 1 Reply

Window clear opening in schedule

Is it possible to get the clear opening dimensions into a window schedule?

I understand how to modify the schedule but am not having any success figuring out which pieces of data to select.

I'm using ACA 2014.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: anniesball72

Do you have a property attached to your Windows that holds the clear opening value?  Do you measure the Window Width to the outside or the inside of the frame?  If you measure to the outside, then the Width and RoughWidth properties will have the same value.  If you measure to the inside, then the RoughWidth property will be equal to the Width plus two times the FrameWidth.

I assume that your clear opening dimension includes the out-to-out dimension of the frame plus an allowance on each side.  In that case, you would need to add a real-type manual property to hold the allowance (either total, or on one side) and a formula property to add the allowance (twice the allowance if the value is for just one side) to the RoughWidth.  Then add the formula property as a column to your Schedule Table Style.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost