AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Autodesk Architecture and Revit Architecture is too similar?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
312 Views, 4 Replies

Why Autodesk Architecture and Revit Architecture is too similar?

I do not get why new Archicad Architecture has 3d modeling when Revit architecture already provided for it. What is the different between those two? I really want to know the difference.  It bothers me somewhat about them.

Hope anyone can tell me that. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Two different programs for two different users: there is absolutely no reason a single project file needs to be accessed by both programs IMHO.
So your question is really what? Please elaborate, or did you acquire a bundle with both software and you are not sure what to do with them?
Message 3 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: pendean

Agree with Dean.  BTW, AutoCAD Architecture came a bit earlier.  Check your software history. The two programs were written by different companies with completely different goals.  ACA is designed to provide tools that Architects familiar with AutoCAD (a general purpose CAD software) can use to expand the base product to produce Architectural construction documents.  Revit is built from the ground-up as a Building Information Modelling System which can be used by more than just Architects for the entire range of the building life cycle.  Revit can link and import AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture drawings.

The two products are not similar.  The only thing the two products have in common is a ribbon interface.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

yes, i was somewhat confused about why providing both 3d modeling for each software. I feel it was waste of money to do that.  I just read other comment. Now I understand clearly. MMM, interesting topic for me though.

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

3D has been part of AutoCAD Architecture since at least Architectural Desktop 2.  Nothing "new" there.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost