AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Ghost Boxes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cecsd
2751 Views, 3 Replies

White Ghost Boxes

I am getting these white "ghost" boxes with every copy, move or mirror command. They can be individually deleted but that takes too long. The more there are the slower each command takes, to the point a copy can take over a minute. If I save and close then when I reopen they are gone -- until I execute a command. This is unique to a single file I recieved  from a friend using a PC based Autocad; I use Autocad for Mac. I had no trouble with his file until I did a "Save As" and used it as a base for a new file. Now, every file that is a copy of it, even any file in which I x-ref it, has the same problem. All of my original, older files are fine. There is simply too much work in these (now) five files to start over. See attached. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cecsd

Post a screenshot of your fully expanded ACA program window please: we'll show you what you clicked on at the bottom row of buttons.
Message 3 of 4
cecsd

Is this what you are looking for? It is the entire screen.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

First of all: you are using plain AutoCAD for MAC: this forum is for another product, AutoCAD Architecture (Windows platform only so far).  No, this site is not for "architects", it's for a very specific exact version of AutoCAD you do not own or use. Hope that helps the next time you post.

MAC forum is here:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

See the markup of your screenshot attached: you turned on INFER (constraints), and have asked AutoCAD to start tracking every object you have in your file. Did you want to use it? Or do you want to turn it off? Look up the topic of INFER and OVERVIEW OF CONSTRAINTS in your HELP files (again, I'm assuming your HELP file on the MAC is setup like HELP in WIndows version).

In the WIndows versions, these are the commands and variables:

CONSTRAINTSETTINGS  Controls the display of geometric constraints on constraint bars. DIMCONSTRAINT  Applies dimensional constraints to selected objects or points on objects, or converts associative dimensions to dimensional constraints. CONSTRAINTINFER Controls whether the geometric constraints are inferred while drawing and editing geometry.

Note: The DELCONSTRAINT command deletes all geometric and dimensional constraints from an object.

Hope these help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost