AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When wall opening is used, the wall shows through when xreffing.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
thawkeshnm
188 Views, 1 Reply

When wall opening is used, the wall shows through when xreffing.

I am using a wall opening to close off a space, rather than just trimming the wall.

I have xref'd the base plan into another 2nd drawing where the walls and openings show up fine.

This 2nd drawing is xref'd into a 3rd and final drawing, and the wall and the opening show up a little wonky this time.

The opening is a good 29' long. But the wall is showing through the opening. The wall is showing up as an arbitrary length 5'-2" long about 1/3rd of the length of the opening. I cannot find any rhyme or reason for this wall to show up through the opening, when the wall should be hidden.

And this problem does not happen with other openings that are shorter or the same length.

The cut plan is the same for all three drawings 3'-6".

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mike.Lamka
in reply to: thawkeshnm

First rule of good practice is to not let your xrefs go more than 1 level.  Other than that check to make sure the first xref is inserted as an attachment instead of an overlay and then the same for the second one.  You could delete the wall out of the area in the second xref where you have opening.  To make it easier you could upload the files so users can take a look and tell us which file is xrefed into each other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost