AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the hatch?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LMDInc
405 Views, 4 Replies

What the hatch?

I've been using Autodesk products for almost a decade.  I've had the opportunity to work with almost every release since 2008.  Presently I am working with Architecture 2014 and am wondering what is going on?  Simple 2d drafting tools like trim, extend, hatch, the basics, turn the 8 core intel i'm on into a slug! Type to fast and the software cannot comprehend.  I am starting to dread any remotely complicated hatch.  It's never been like this before. Online help? What happened to the help guides?  I used to go to help to learn and understand how to actually use a tool.  Anyways, anyone else out there starting to feel the same?  

Too much too fast and the basics suffer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: LMDInc

Multi-core processors do nothing for AutoCAD.
What's the rest of your system? Video card? OS?
How complex are your hatches?
Message 3 of 5
LMDInc

Hi,

The system I am running Architecture 2014 on

I am running windows 7 64bit.
i7-2600K @3.4GHz
Radeon HD 6800 Series
8 GB Ram.

As I build up drawing in a file, tools just start to stutter. Even relatively simple hatches can bring the machine to a no response, using the fence tool with extend and trim, same thing.

Matthew Vissers
Louise MacDonald Design Inc.
188 Dupont Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5R - 2E6
T: 416.925.6223
F: 416.925.2023
E: mvissers@lmdinc.ca
Message 4 of 5
pendean

As a test: if your file(s) are on your PC and you are unplugged from your network, does the problem go away?
Message 5 of 5
LMDInc

Yes. Hatching with the network cable unplugged is significantly more effective. Hatching while the network plugged in results in a non responsive situation 8 out of 10 times ( even simple geometries pasted into new files can cause non response). As for the trim and extend commands, all software hesitation is noticeably improved under short term trial. Unfortunately, working with the network cable unplugged in not practical. Is there an alternate solution?

Thank you,

Matthew Vissers
Louise MacDonald Design Inc.
188 Dupont Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5R - 2E6
T: 416.925.6223
F: 416.925.2023
E: mvissers@lmdinc.ca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost