AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walls

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JoelMckone
597 Views, 4 Replies

Walls

In Autocad Architectural 2012 if I typed 'wall' I would get several options for walls.  If I selected 'A' (add) it would bring up the properties panel and draw the necessary walls.  This does not work in Architectural 2013.  Where to I access the wall/window/door pallet?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: JoelMckone

Strange that your command line does not work for "wall".

Try commond line "Window" and "Door" and see if they work or not.

Otherwise walls and doors etc. are available from the ribbon-home panel and from the tool palletes

Message 3 of 5
JoelMckone

I will check 'door' and 'window' once I can the program to open - I am getting the "fatal error: unhanded access violation reading 0x0000 exception at 2a193eh".

I cannot fnd doors etc in the ribbon-home panel - even after re-installing the program.  If using classic autocad where are the tool pallets located, again the don't seem to be at the same location as in 2012.

Message 4 of 5
leothebuilder

Are you using ACA (Autocad Architecture) ?

Or are you using plain old autocad ?

In plain autocad your "wall" and "door" commands will not work, neither will these tools be available on the Home tab of the ribbon, or from the tool palettes.

Message 5 of 5
JoelMckone

I have been unable to open ACA2013 - even after a reinstall.  I am guessing there is probably a connection to the issues I have been having as items on the ribbon do not appear as shown in 'help'  I will consider this 'resolved' until I can fix the crashing issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost