AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walls missing when xref arch drawing into civil 3d drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MichaelRoot
830 Views, 3 Replies

walls missing when xref arch drawing into civil 3d drawing

We are using AutoCAD Architecture 2011.  I have a base file that is xref'd into AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 for the electrical department.  There are a few instances where part of a wall is missing when xref'd.  Not the whole wall, just part of it.  

Here's the facts:

The walls are all 10'-0" tall and are based at 0".

I don't beleive there are any xref's overlapping.

The attached PDF shows the walls that are missing in the electrical file.

The attached drawing is the base architectural file that is xref'd into the electrical file.

Our temporary solution has been to create a layer called "C-Wall-Plan" in the architectural base file.  There's an outline of the walls on there.  That way, the electrical department can shut off the "A-Wall" and A-Wall-Patt" layers and just use the dummy walls.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for taking a look at this 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MichaelRoot
in reply to: MichaelRoot

Update - we reversed the direction of the walls that wouldn't show up, saved and reloaded in the electrical drawing.  Now the walls show up correctly.....  any ideas??

Message 3 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: MichaelRoot

There may have been cleanup issues with the Wall in question.  Sometimes Walls that cleanup when opening a "source" file directly will not cleanup when that file is externally referenced in another file.  In some cases, forcing a regeneration of the external reference, using the ObjRelUpdate command will get things in order; other times more careful modeling in the source file is needed.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 4

I have the same problem. (Architecture 2012)

In my current drawing, I have an 8" CMU Wall w/ Brick ....

I attempted the OBJRELUPDATE to no avail.

There is not a way to "flip" the wall per se (brick needs to be on the "outside".

While this is an ongoing issue in numerous files, it ONLY seems to happen with AEC Walls.

I have (on occasion) been able to MOVE the xref within the drawing to eliminate the "missing pieces", but this is not a guaranteed work around.

Any help or work around is appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost