AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall with multiple finishes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1133 Views, 6 Replies

wall with multiple finishes

Dear all

How can I have an exterior wall face with multiple finishes at different angles?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ace Ali,

As an initial suggestion, you might want to create a Wall Style for each different variation.

Here is a link to get you started: About Wall Styles

Let me know if that helps, and have a great weekend!

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 7
xikigha
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

I have a similar question I have an exterior wall 10m long. I want  to add a 2m finish midway along the wall. Should I break the wall and use a different wall style to show the 2m finish? lastly, if i want to show  a finish in a circle on a portion 0f my 10m long wall,  how do i do this? plz view attachment.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Many thanks for your reply

Let's say that I wanted to paint a wall with 2 different colors at an angle, is there any way of doing so? 

thanks again

Message 5 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: xikigha

@xikigha wrote:

I have a similar question I have an exterior wall 10m long. I want  to add a 2m finish midway along the wall. Should I break the wall and use a different wall style to show the 2m finish? lastly, if i want to show  a finish in a circle on a portion 0f my 10m long wall,  how do i do this? plz view attachment.

I am not clear on what you are trying to do.  For the first case, are you saying your 10 m long exterior wall has one finish, bottom to top, for the first 4 m, then 2 m of a different finish bottom to top, and finally 4 m of the original finish bottom to top.  If so, then three separate Wall segments, using two different Wall Styles would likely be the way I would approach this.

If, on the other hand, you are saying your Wall has one finish from the bottom up to a certain height, then a 2 m horizontal band of a different finish material, and then the original finish material resumes from the top of the 2 m band to the top of the Wall, that can be done with one Wall Style, by stacking three components at the exterior face of your Wall, and setting the top and bottom of each component to match your specifications within the Wall Style.

As for a feature finish in a circle at some point along your Wall, you will not be able to do that easily as a component of the Wall.  You may be better off modeling this separately, perhaps with a Mass Element.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 7
ntellery
in reply to: xikigha

This could be a good example of where we get caught in the idea of 'building' everything accurately in ACA. It really is only still a representation for instruction and as long as the results can be read from the drawings then whatever method gets you there. Nice image! 2 options.
1. Is this just an applied finish of thin sliced stone? You could use the same wall style but override the material for the external leaf. This might display different in plan or section for the whole outer leaf which may or may not be acceptable. If the overall size of the wall doesn't change and the stone is just a veneer or applied finish then creating another wall style to amend is IMHO overkill. The different hatching could be just interpreted as that wall having a different finish.
2. Apply a thin skin mass element with the different material.
www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 7 of 7
ntellery
in reply to: Anonymous

I would think the placement of a ME over the top will get you there. It can be put on a different layer out of the way unless you need it. I wrote a blog post (2) on using body modifier's and what I called sleeper componants for doing unusual walls and you might find them helpful. http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/search/label/body%20modifer
www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost