AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sweep offset from Baseline rather than Bottom

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Libbya
549 Views, 7 Replies

Wall Sweep offset from Baseline rather than Bottom

Is there a way to set the sweep to follow the baseline rather than the wall bottom?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: Libbya

Is it possible for you to upload a sample drawing file showing the current and expected result?

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

It's not a matter of it behaving in an unexpected manner.  It's a matter of it behaving in an undesirable manner.

Here's a file.  With the desired result of an angled stone veneer following a horizontal line, if the foundation (separate walls) steps with the grade the top line of the stone veneer is no longer horizontal after the floorlines of those walls are offset to the foundation.  I suppose the best solution is to define the stone veneer component of the wall so that the bottom of the stone veneer is based on the baseline rather than wall bottom but defining it to wall bottom makes far more sense if a sweep is not applied.  Searate wall styles for times when the sweep is added is required.  I guess what I'm saying is I'd like the option to be able to have the sweep based on the baseline rather than the bottom of the component, it's not a big deal, tho.  

Message 4 of 8
Laks-Autodesk

Thanks for the drawing file. Yes, currently there is no way to achieve the desired result directly and I see you've found some workarounds already. One of the other option might be to change the z-offset of one of the sweeps so it is aligned on the top with the other sweep without creating additional wall styles for achieving this result. 

Regards,
Autodesk
Message 5 of 8
Libbya

Are you saying there is a way to change the z-offset of a sweep on a per wall basis?

Message 6 of 8
Laks-Autodesk

Yes, you're right. The sweep z-offset value can be changed per wall from the properies palette under Sweep worksheets.

Regards,
Autodesk
Message 7 of 8
Libbya

Nice.  I wasn't aware of that.  Thanks.  

Message 8 of 8
Laks-Autodesk

You're welcome 🙂 .

Regards,
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost