AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall style is flipped on some walls

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
roy.braun
225 Views, 1 Reply

wall style is flipped on some walls

Hello,

I changed the wall style to my walls and some walls have the siding facing outwards, and some are afcing inwards.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Roy

wall style.png

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: roy.braun

Without seeing the file, I would guess that some Walls were drawn in one direction (eg, left to right) and the others were drawn in the opposite direction (right to left).  That presumes that all of the Walls have the same justification.

Did the Walls all have the same Wall Style prior to changing them to the current one?  Did the Walls all have the "outside" on the "outside" (assuming that the original Wall Style had more than one component, and the outer component on one side was (visually) different from the one on the other side)?

If the Walls were originally of different styles, but all had the exterior side appropriately oriented, if the original Wall Styles were defined with the exterior on opposite sides relative to each other, then you would need to reverse the direction (or use Left justification for one and Right justification for the other) to get the exterior of both correctly oriented.  Changing them all to one style would then result in what you see.

If the Walls were originally of the same style, but the style only had a single component, or had visually similar outer components, then it would not necessarily be obvious that some segments were reversed from others (particularly easy to do with the Center justifcation), until you changed the style to one with different exterior and interior components.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost