AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Snap Changed...keystroke mistake?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BBP-Arch
357 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Snap Changed...keystroke mistake?

Greetings-

ACA 2011

Last night I was drawing in a View of the Floor Plan. The Floor Plan Construct is in the drawing and I've been dimensioning the drawing. OSNAP is on and I would dimension from corner to corner, etc., and everything was normal. Halfway done I went to sleep for the night and turned off the computer.

This morning I can't snap to the walls...at all. I can snap to the windows, the countertops, the doors, anything in the floor plan construct I want...EXCEPT the walls themselves. Is there a keystroke that toggles this that I may have hit last night or this morning inadvertantly? If not, I have gremlins.

Thanks,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wilfried_nelkel
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Hello Scott,

perhaps you have gremlins Smiley Wink

There is an OSNAP-Option but this is only for drawing walls and place the OSNAP to the baseline of the wall.

No other option.

How far is your drawing from 0,0,0? Sometimes the great distance make problems.

Other reason... The Hardware-Acceleration of the graphic-card. Is it active?

Best Regards

Willi Nelkel

www.schulungshandbuch.de
CAD-Technik Nelkel GmbH
Message 3 of 4
KathyMoffa

In our OSNAP settings, Is the option "Allow General Object Snap Settings to act upon wall justification line" checked?  If so, uncheck.   If it's checked, you cannot grip edit to wall mid and enpoints.

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch

Make sure Layer 0 is on and thawed (and, if working through a viewport, VPLAYER thawed).  While you are at it, check the Defpoints layer, too.  If you map the visible components of your Walls to a layer or layers other than 0 or the parent Wall's layer, make sure those are not off, frozen or VPLAYER frozen as well.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost